What are the benefits of ISO 9001?
Everyone talks about the cost of a Quality Management System however, no-one really thinks about the benefits of ISO 9001 and of a world class quality management system. So, what are the benefits? Actually, there are many benefits. So, below are our 8 top benefits of a well established ISO9001 Quality Management System:
- Save costs in production and materials. Time and time again wasted costs are multiplied reducing efficiency and profit
- Have a well-established and trusted supply chain. We need our supply chains to perform at an optimum level so they operate as efficiently as we do
- Provide stand-alone procedures understood by everyone and thus providing uniformity throughout your business. We need processes and systems in our business that provides continuity
- Reduce the risk of anything going wrong. No matter how many times we do the same task or process it leaves it open to risk without a quality proven system
- Provides a basis in understanding of what has gone wrong. We need to know whats gone wrong to stop the same mistake happening again
- Provides ways of overcoming problems. if you had a process for determining problems and overcoming them, think how much easier that would be
- Reduce transport costs. We all look to reduce costs and this area is often overlooked
- Improves the reputation of the company because the company will be able to deliver a quality product, first time, on time, free of defects and waste. We all want and need a first class reputation. Reputational damage is a big risk for all businesses.
Benefits of ISO 9001 also gives a company the opportunity to take a good look at their business and determine what they are good at, and what they are not so good at. It allows them to determine areas where they could improve, to make the most of their strengths and determine how they can limit the effect of their weaknesses. It also gives the company an opportunity to reap the benefits of listening to their staff on how best to structure the company to allow the company to successfully produce a good quality product and service.
A successful ISO 9001 Quality Management System will also ensure the structure of an organisation, protecting a business from risk and increasing efficiency. It sets out clear reporting procedures and leads to business excellence.
Many businesses are now being asked to provide evidence of having ISO 9001 during their tendering process. Certification to the standard will provide the company with a better chance of be successfully gaining third party contracts. This provides a further benefit of reassurance to the client that he will be getting a quality product delivered by a company with demonstrable quality values, right first time!
Are you considering implementing the benefits of ISO 9001 standard? Fantastic if you said yes! But don’t take half measures. We recommend that you implement a certified ISO 9001 quality management system right away. Contrary to what many businesses think, implementing a certified ISO 9001 system is much less drastic than you might first imagine.
Still have questions or doubts? We would be pleased to help you, as an additional read look below
Here’s a handy resource published by ISO.ORG https://www.iso.org/files/live/sites/isoorg/files/store/en/PUB100369.pdf
For further information on how you can easily achieve ISO 9001 please contact us using the contact box, we’d love to hear from you.